I thought I would kick off my new blog with results from my personal dna test, that I found over at The Handcrafted Life.
Here are my results:
I found out that I am an "advocating inventor." I actually find it strikingly familiar and generally right in line with how I see myself!
Here's what it means:
I am an Inventor
- Your imagination, self-reliance, openness to new things, and appreciation for utility combine to make you an INVENTOR.
- You have the confidence to make your visions into reality, and you are willing to consider many alternatives to get that done.
- The full spectrum of possibilities in the world intrigues you—you're not limited by pre-conceived notions of how things should be.
- Problem-solving is a specialty of yours, owing to your persistence, curiosity, and understanding of how things work.
- Your vision allows you to identify what's missing from a given situation, and your creativity allows you to fill in the gaps.
- Your awareness of how things function gives you the ability to come up with new uses for common objects.
- It is more interesting for you to pursue excitement than it is to get caught up in a routine.
- Although understanding details is not difficult for you, you specialize in seeing the bigger picture and don't get caught up in specifics.
- You tend to more proactive than reactive—you don't just wait for things to come to you.
- You're not afraid to let your emotions guide you, and you're generally considerate of others' feelings as well.
- You have a strong sense of style and value your personal presentation - friends may even seek your style advice from time to time.
- Generally, you believe that you control your life, and that external forces only play a limited role in determining what happens to you.
- Try applying your creativity to more artistic arenas, and letting your imagination take less practical forms.
How I relate to others:
I am Advocating
- Being social, empathic, and understanding makes you ADVOCATING.
- Some people find being around others exhausting—but not you! You are energized by spending time with friends, and you are good at meeting new people.
- One of the reasons you enjoy conversation as much as you do is that you often learn about yourself while talking things out with a friend; you realize things about your own beliefs while discussing them with others.
- You have insight into what others are thinking and feeling. This ability allows you to be happy for others, and to commiserate when something has gone wrong for them.
- You are highly compassionate, and being conscious of how things affect those close to you leaves you cautious about trusting others too hastily.
- Despite these reservations, you are open-minded when it comes to your worldview; you don't look to impose your ways on others.
- Your sensitivity towards others' plights contributes to an understanding—both intellectual and emotional—of many different perspectives.
- As someone who understands the complexities of the world around you, you are reluctant to pass judgments.
- While it's important to think about others, don't forget to take some time for yourself, and occassionally to put yourself first.
- Take some time to spend with a few close friends; although it's difficult to find people to trust, it's worth the effort.
- When you have great ideas, it can be hard to relinquish control, but it can also feel good to take the pressure off and enjoy someone else leading the way.
Take it for yourself, and let me know what it generates for you!