Monday, January 24, 2011

Hey Bandwagon - Jumpin' On! Dialect Vlog!

I've been watching this "Dialect Vlog" going around, and decided that I definitely wanted to try it! I think vlogging is hilarious and dialect is something that has always interested me, so why not? I noticed after I finished that I think I answered one of the questions incorrectly, but hey, we're not being graded, right?

Enjoy!



Here are the words, if you want to follow along:

Aunt, Route, Wash, Oil, Theater, Iron, Salmon, Caramel, Fire, Water, Sure, Data, Ruin, Crayon, Toilet, New Orleans, Pecan, Both, Again, Probably, Spitting image, Alabama, Lawyer, Coupon, Mayonnaise, Syrup, Pajamas, Caught

  • What is it called when you throw toilet paper on a house?
  • What is the bug that when you touch it, it curls into a ball?
  • What is the bubbly carbonated drink called?
  • What do you call gym shoes?
  • What do you say to address a group of people?
  • What do you call the kind of spider that has an oval-shaped
  • body and extremely long legs?
  • What do you call your grandparents?
  • What do you call the wheeled contraption in which you carry
  • groceries at the supermarket?
  • What do you call it when rain falls while the sun is shining?
  • What is the thing you change the TV channel with?
If you want to see even more, check out my fellow Bee at Ruffles and Truffles - Katie has a pretty comprehensive list going!

I think I like vlogging - once I can get over the funny feeling of talking to myself, I think I could really get into this.

What are words that other people have always commented that you say differently? Where can I find YOUR dialect vlog?

1 comment:

  1. Love that you did this!!!

    And I totally do the same thing: I pick up accents all the time! Especially a southern one, since I learned how to speak with one! I kind of want to move back to Texas so I can get my accent back permanently!

    And HAHAHA "tarantula!" That cracked me up.

    ReplyDelete